About Me

My photo
Artist of hair. Stoneware bead maker. Dog lover & rescuer. Wife of a postman. Hermit.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Off track.

Okay, so I got a little off track this week... One of our dogs had a little mishap that I've been fretting/worrying over. Max stole a bone from Furby a couple days ago & it turns out Max fractured a tooth. :-( While this may not sound like a big deal... it is. It is painful because a little bit of the pulp is exposed & that pulp being exposed makes him prone to a nasty infection. So, I called the vet in a panic. For now we are taking a wait & see approach feeding him canned food & washing his mouth out with a rinse from the vet. I've been weighing the options for his tooth & I'm planning on taking a photo of Max's fractured tooth to show the vet to see what we should do. Why am I taking a photo to show the vet you may ask? Well, you see Max is a bully at the vet & he has to be muzzled or he will bite! Kind of hard to get a look at those toofers with a muzzle on! A photo is the best solution I could come up with for the vet to get a good look at Max's tooth situation. Right now, I'm leaning towards having the vet knock him out & pull that tooth now, rather than have it get infected in the future & have to worry how to treat it then. Max is 10+ years old & is in great health right now, but I still worry about anesthetic. I think it's much harder on me than it is him. Last year when he got his teeth cleaned & 7 teeth pulled, I was a complete basket case. I sobbed & sobbed when I had to leave him at the vet. So, Max is getting lots of TLC & extra petting/snuggling at the moment.

Here is an old, but favorite picture of Max (top) & Furby (bottom). <3 my boys!


No comments: